- Designed for Dornier 228-type airplanes, this is the only airstrip serving the Lakshadweep islands.
- The Agatti Airport’s airstrip was constructed during 1987−88.
- The runway looks more than just a strip of land, almost like a submarine protruding out of the heavenly blue waters.
- The airport has one asphalt runway.
- The airport has two X-ray baggage screening facilities for the convenience and security of travellers. You will be pleased to learn that wheelchairs, luggage trolleys and medical facilities are available free of cost at the airport.
- Agatti Airport has a single terminal, with only one boarding gate currently handling domestic flights. There is one check-in and one security counter within the terminal.