- The Passenger Terminal Building is a graphic interpretation of the form of Garuda (eagle) with its wings flapping/spread in the air; its steel portion is designed in a way that it hugs the roof enhancing its floating.
- The Tirupati Airport was commissioned during the year 1970-71. The airfield was initially made for the purpose of facilitating devotees visiting the Lord Balaji Temple.
- The New Integrated Terminal Building was formally inaugurated on October 22, 2015 by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi.
- The airport was awarded with GRIHA IV star rating in the year 2016, for utilisation of Green and Renewable Energy.
- It has received Best Tourism Friendly Award for the years 2015-16 & 2017-18 from the Government of Andhra Pradesh and is in the process of upgrading to accommodate widebodied aircraft.
- The airport was declared as an International Airport on June 20, 2017.
- It connects directly to Hyderabad, Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Goa, Hubli and Kolhapur.